- READ MORE! As children increase their television viewing they are losing the ability to visualize.
- Read to your children (even if they can read themselves).
- Let your children read to you and listen.
- Use the library. The library is appropriate for all levels of readers.
- Establish quiet times for reading and teach by example.
- Play board games and do puzzles together.
- Provide varied life experiences.
- Talk to them.
- Be postivite and encouraging.
Remember . . .
Enjoy the story together. Reading must always be a rewarding experience. Have fun!
To schedule a presentation on this topic call Michele Watts at 503-504-9870. Free childrens book will be given to those who attend while supply lasts. There is no cost for the presentation.