Sunday, July 12, 2009

State Gala

On February 6, 2009 I attended the annual Oregon Association of American Mothers, Inc. "Honoring Motherhood" Gala at the Shilo Inn Suite. I was attending as a "Mother of Excellence" and nominee for Mother of the Year. The evening's program and entertainment included dinner, presentations from art and music award recipients and the announcement of the 2009 Mother and Young Mother of the Year.




I was surprised, humbled and honored to be named the 2009 Mother of the Year for the State of Oregon. Melanie Henstrom (left) was named 2009 Young Mother. Maria Dowdle (2nd left) was 2008 Oregon Young Mother. Jacque Quello (right) was 2008 Oregon Mother of the Year.









Attending the gala event with me was my husband Steven, our daughter and her husband, Alisha and Steven, and our daughter and her husband Nola and Michael.





No comments: