Monday, July 13, 2009

Keizer Iris Festival Parade

KEIZER IRIS FESTIVAL PARADE
May 16, 2009
My second parade was the Iris Festival Parade. We ended up being near the end of this large parade and it was a very warm day! Daughters Alisha and Nola and son-in-law Michael were a great support! Two sweet grandsons also joined in.


















I rented a convertible and we decked it out with flags and my magnetic sign. We placed a flower arrangement on the back of the car and I held a bouquet of flowers. We all dressed in red, white and blue to complement the "American" theme of American Mothers, Inc.









The parade route was long and partly uphill and the day was HOT! It was hard on the walkers but I sure appreciated their support! The crowd was very friendly and cheered for American Mothers as we went by.







Note to self: Always wave and show enthusiasm when viewing a parade. Those in the parade apprecite it!









No comments: